Summer means S’mores of any kind.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 18 Graham Crackers
- 7 oz. Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 C. Sugar
- 1/8 t. Salt
- Melt butter on low
- Combine graham crackers and sugar in a food processor (pulse until combined)
- In a bowl add the butter to the graham crumb mixture
- Put in a 9″ pie plate and press down on bottom and sides
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack; chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- 4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate (plus 1/2 oz. for grating for top of pie if desired)
- 2 T. Unsalted Butter
- 2 T. Cornstarch
- 1/2 C. Unsweetened Dutch-Process Cocoa
- 1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 C. Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- In a double boiler melt together the chocolate and butter
- In a medium bowl combine cornstarch, 1/4 C. of the cocoa and 1/4 C. of the granulated sugar. Add 1/4 C. of the milk and stir to blend. Add the egg and yolks and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining 2 1/4 C. milk and the remaining 1/4 C. granulated sugar. Place over medium heat until scalded.
- Slowly drizzle the milk into the cocoa mixture, stirring gently with a whisk to blend the mixture without aerating it.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat until tiny bubbles boil up for 3 seconds. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the heat and add the melted chocolate mixture and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Let cool for approximately 5 minutes. (Have pie shell ready).
Pudding recipe adapted from “The New York Times Dessert Cookbook” by Wayne Harley Brachman
Approx. 1/2 Bag Mini Marshmallows
- When pie shell is chilled pour in the pudding mixture
- Chill for approx. 3 hours
- Add the mini marshmallows and broil for about 50-60 seconds (watch this closely)
- Remove from oven and serve immediately or chill again until serving