It’s New Year’s Eve…..I wish I was in Rome!
But since I am not I will console myself with this must have cookie.
- 1 C. Butter (room temp.)
- 1/2 C. Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1 Lg. Egg.
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 2 C. Flour
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1/2 t. Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 C. Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 C. Conf. Sugar (or Reg. Sugar) Optional for Dusting
- Preheat oven/375 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- In another bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt
- Slowly add the butter mixture until combined; stir in the pecans
- Dough will be sticky; roll into small balls and roll in the sugar
- Place on a cookie sheet one inch apart and bake for 10-12 minutes (or until edges are golden)
- Cool on wire racks
- Sprinkle with Confec. Sugar (optional)
Yield: Approx. 2 Dozen
Recipe from: http://www.bunsinmyoven.com
Through this evening of cooking, serving and drinking I want to share some fabulous photos from this evenings celebrations at some of my favorite cities. Happy New Year (even if it just is in photographs).
New York, NY
Views from other favorite cities.