Spinach Pie Triangles
Although it is very difficult for me to find phyllo dough here in South Florida I had some friends from Athens visiting and I wanted to make some semblance of “spanakopita”. They would not have cared, but I did want to try, so a couple of weeks before I used puff pastry. It was a fun and delicious experiment but during the process at about 9:15 pm I went to the bathroom and in a small, dark hallway in my home there was a masked man who grabbed me around my neck and mouth and tried to drag me to my bedroom. I kept screaming and screaming and yet waiting to see a gun or a knife that would end my life, I did not care but also realizing the air conditioners were on and all the windows closed. I screamed “What the hell are you doing in my house, I will kill you, get the fxxk away from me”. He tried to cover my mouth again and again to shut me up and I fought while screaming and fighting and trying to grab anything that I could to hurt him, although the fighting seemed to last forever I think it was just about 2 moments. I was able to rip off his mask and tear off his shirt and he ran out the door.
I called the police after making my way to my office (my glasses were shattered on the floor) and dialed 411 three times before realizing I needed 911. The police were there in about 7 minutes and the ambulance arrived about 10 minutes later (estimated times). They made me sit outside at the front of my home yet left the back wide open allowing a friend walking through my home. They took pictures of my face after the Paramedics gave me ice for my lips and nose. The police had food delivered while they were parked in the front of my home yet I could not go in my home to have a glass of water.
Oh there is more to the story, when I called the Police Department to find out the status of my case I realized the officers that night had given me not only the wrong Police Report Number but the date as well. And that was not one call it was four calls until somebody did their job.
I have rearranged heavy brass candlesticks and heavy crystal candle holders in all of the rooms of my home. I never did believe while watching home invasion movies I would do any of those things the movies would make you believe, but let me tell you, I did and do not enter my home.
The Police were of no help (except one female officer taking photographs). The height of laziness, at the scene, paperwork and follow-up.
I took these photos after the Police (losers) left).
And has the City Police ever called me/NO.
Have I called them/YES.
Have they ever called me back/NO.
Spinach Pie Triangles
- 1 Pkg. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry (thawed)
- 3 Lg. Eggs
- 1 T. Water
- 1/2 C. Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 Lg. Bag Fresh Spinach (may use 1 frozen [10 oz.] thawed and well drained
- 1 Lg. Onion (chopped)
- Fresh Parsley (some chopped and some leaves for garnish)
- Beat 1 egg and water in a small bowl; stir in the remaining eggs, cheese,spinach and
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on lightly floured surface; (repeat with the second sheet) (18 pieces)
- Place 1 T. of spinach mixture in the center of each square
- Brush edges of the pastry with the egg mixture
- Fold the pastry over the filling to form a triangle; crimp edges to seal
- Place filled pastries on a baking sheet; brush with the egg mixture
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (or until pastries are golden brown)
- Let pastries cool for 10 minutes; then remove to warmed serving plates and garnish with fresh parsley
Recipe from www.puffpastry.com
See www.kalofagas.ca for the real thing