Cantaloupe and Mango Soup
I have lived in Florida since “1959” (on and off) but this summer is killing me. So I am eating a lot more chilled soups, both vegetable and fruit based and a combination. There is usually a melon in the kitchen and the other day a friend gave me a couple of mangoes (score). I did make this the night before to be chilled for breakfast but I love this in the heat of summer for a starter. Change the melon to your choice and add any berry, it will make you happy.
- 1 (3/4 lb.) Cantaloupe (remove seeds and rind; cut in small pieces)
- 2 Lg. Mangoes (skin removed and chopped)
- 1 C. Mango Juice (may substitute Pineapple or Guava Juice)
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 t. Fresh Ginger (minced)
- 1 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 2-3 Fresh Strawberries (sliced for garnish)
- Fresh Mint Leaves (for garnish)
- Put 1/2 the cantaloupe and mango, lime juice, ginger and cinnamon in a blender; puree until smooth; remove and put in a bowl
- Blend the other half of the ingredients in the blender; add to the bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours
- Serve in chilled soup bowls and garnish with sliced strawberries and some mint leaves
Recipe adapted from www.lowfatcooking.com
Please visit “Chilled Soups” here.