In my mind everyone likes a “Ceasar Salad” and when I am the cook and serving “my mind” is the only thing that matters anymore. There have been too many times I make extra dishes due to someone’s request (after I ask them if they have any food allergies, preferences, etc.) and they ask for seconds and thirds of everything they would “never” eat. This is a simple salad that I think is light enough to go with any meal but also rich in flavor to be a wonderful lunch or dinner.
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce (washed and dried)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 2-3 Pieces of Bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 C. Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper (as desired)
- 8-10 drops of Worcestershire Sauce
- Anchovies (4-8 Fillets)
- 1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 3-4 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- Put all the ingredients (except Anchovies, Lettuce and Parmesan Cheese) in a bowl and whisk.
- Put Romaine (broken up) into a large bowl.
- If using anchovies, mash and add to dressing.
- Pour over the Romaine and toss.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese and Bacon on the top.
- Add the Croutons
(Serves 6-8 – as a side)
(Recipe courtesy of a friend in South Miami)